#9: The education of children and youth must lead to true wisdom by connecting all knowledge to a biblical worldview frame of reference.
- Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not¦ Wisdom is the principle thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
(Proverbs 4:5, 7)
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10)
- The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork.
- For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.
- In whom (Christ) are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Nancy Pearcy in her book Total Truth states "We must begin by being utterly convinced that there is a biblical perspective on everything-not just spiritual matters¦ The fear of some "god is the beginning of every proposed system of knowledge¦ God is the sole source of the entire created order. No other gods compete with Him; no natural forces exist on their own; nothing receives its nature or existence from another source. Thus His Word, or laws, or creation ordinances give the world its order and structure¦ There is no philosophically or spiritually neutral subject matter.
God created the entire universe-including every fact found in every subject one studies. Scripture makes it clear that God reveals His very character and nature to us through our understanding of His created world. The education that we provide our children must not merely give our children knowledge but must lead to true wisdom and understanding by causing children to see the God-intended meaning found in everything they learn.
If any part of our children's education is presented as if it is spiritually neutral, it results in causing our children to think that God is irrelevant to some aspects of life. This will lead to them dividing their lives into two compartments-the secular and the sacred.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I believe that there is some knowledge that is spiritually neutral?
- Have I developed a biblical frame of reference (worldview) that causes me to interpret the meaning of all knowledge and every aspect of life with its God-intended meaning?
- Does the education my children receive at home, church and school require them to submit their minds to God and does it lead them to interpret every aspect of creation in the light of His word?
Join us for our 4th annual
Bro. Kylan Mann,
senior pastor at Central Baptist Church,
Enrollment is OPEN!
If you would like more information about enrolling your child,click below
Friday, April 20th
Friday, April 27th
*Parent volunteers are needed to...
CCA follows the Weakley County School System for all weather related school closures.