#8: The education of children and youth results in the formation of a belief system or worldview that will be patterned after the belief systems or worldviews of the person's teachers.
- The disciple is not above his master; but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
- Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
Every person has a worldview or an underlying belief system that drives his/her attitudes and actions in life. There are two possible worldviews one can hold “ a God-centered worldview or a man-centered worldview. One's worldview is primarily determined by the worldview of one's teacher(s).
Everyone who teaches others influences them in three ways. They influence them by their content, what they say; by their communication, how they say it; and by their conduct how they live. No one can teach out of a philosophical vacuum. Their beliefs and values will come out and these will help shape the beliefs and values of those whom they teach.
George Barna claims that only 7-8% of today's Christians have a biblical understanding of life. Following this principle would cause us to conclude that today's Christians have been educated by a majority of people (influences) who did not possess a God-centered worldview.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a God-centered worldview? Do I think and act from a biblical perspective of life?
- What type of worldview is my child receiving and seeing in our home, in our church, and in his school?
- What type of worldview is being presented in the music my children listen to? In the media he is seeing and reading? In the textbooks he is studying?
Join us for our 4th annual
Bro. Kylan Mann,
senior pastor at Central Baptist Church,
Enrollment is OPEN!
If you would like more information about enrolling your child,click below
Friday, April 20th
Friday, April 27th
*Parent volunteers are needed to...
CCA follows the Weakley County School System for all weather related school closures.