#4: The education of children and youth must be based on God's Word as absolute truth.
- Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
- For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
- The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever.
Man is constantly searching for truth. Life has no meaning apart from truth. When Pilate was trying to make sense out of the dilemma he was facing concerning Jesus, he asked Jesus, "What is truth?" We are living in a society that declares truth is determined only by experience. It has been redefined as anything that is "legally accurate." God's word is eternal and, therefore, is man˜s only source of truth. This means that everything that man studies must be scrutinized through the lens of scripture. This is the only way we can find true knowledge that will lead us to wisdom.
When God˜s Word is removed from any facet of education, that education becomes mere human indoctrination. It will always evolve into empty philosophies that spoil and deceive because it will follow after traditions of man and the rudiments of the world rather than after Christ. Whatever we teach children and youth must be based on the absolute truth found in God˜s Word.
It is extremely important for Christian parents to evaluate everything that is being taught to their children according to God's Word. Several questions must be answered as we strive to fulfill this principle.
- Do we, as parents, know God's Word and are growing in this knowledge by daily studying and meditation on it?
- Is what we are teaching our children at home, both in words and actions, founded on the truth of God's Word?
- Do we, as parents, know what is being taught to our children through the media, entertainment, recreation, church, Sunday school, and school?
- Is everything that is being taught to our children outside the home grounded in the Word of God? This applies to church, school, and other activities.
CCA is growing!
If you would like more information about enrolling your child,
feel free to contact...
Back to School- Begin 2nd Semester
Wednesday, January 3rd
Martin Luther King Day-No School
CCA follows the Weakley County School System for all weather related school closures.
for the 2018/2019 school year
will begin in the spring.