#2: The education of children and youth is a 24 hour-a-day, 7 days-a-week process that must take place from birth through maturity.
- And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
- And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
- Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.
A high percentage of Christian parents have heard and, even, memorized Proverbs 22:6. We want to claim this as a promise that will assure us that our children will eventually walk with the Lord if we give them some training from a biblical perspective in early life. However, most of us fail to comprehend how intense this training needs to be. The concept communicated by the phrase "train up a child" is that this is a continual process that starts at birth. "When he is old" tells us that this process does not end until the individual reaches maturity.
God gives us instruction as to the intensity that this process must have in Deuteronomy 6 when He states that parents must teach their children "diligently". It is to be a highly concentrated effort. This effort must be consistent and takes place,
- When our children get up each morning.
- When they are at home and around the house.
- When they are away from the house.
- When they lie down to go to sleep.
The only time we should not be diligently teaching our children the things of God is when they are asleep.
Another set of questions must be answered by Christian parents to see if they are following this principle of Kingdom Education:
- What am I doing to diligently teach my child the things of God when he awakens each day?
- How am I diligently teaching my child God's ways while he is at home?
- Is my child being taught God's truth in all of his activities he is involved in away from home? This must be answered as it relates to his schooling, recreational activities, and even any work in which he may be involved.
- What am I doing to reinforce God's Word in my child when he finishes each day and goes to bed?
CCA is growing!
If you would like more information about enrolling your child,
feel free to contact...
Back to School- Begin 2nd Semester
Wednesday, January 3rd
Martin Luther King Day-No School
CCA follows the Weakley County School System for all weather related school closures.
for the 2018/2019 school year
will begin in the spring.