#5: The education of children and youth must hold Christ preeminent in all of life.
- In (Jesus) whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
- As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power.
Because of the sacrifice on the cross Christ made on behalf of all men and in humble obedience to His Father, His name has been exalted above all other names. In fact, the Bible states that Jesus not only created everything but everything was created for Him.
Christ is to be preeminent in everything - period. Even the education of our children and youth must be centered on Christ. By doing this, it will lead us to the goal of seeing our children living in a personal intimate love relationship with Jesus. Christ must be at the center or heart of all we teach our children.
In the 1600's, John Milton wrote, "The end of all learning is to repair the ruins of our first parents, by regaining to know God aright, and out of that knowledge to love Him, to imitate Him, to be like Him."
Have we lost our first love like the church at Ephesus did according to Revelation 2? Certain questions can help us evaluate whether Christ is preeminent on our lives and in the education of our children and youth.
- Would our children know that Christ is our first love by our actions concerning:
Î¿ How we live at home?
Î¿ Our church attendance and involvement?
Î¿ Our stewardship of our lives including our time, talent and treasure?
Î¿ How and what we tell our children to do?
- Is Christ the preeminent focus of our church as it relates to training our children? This would relate to our churches' worship, Sunday school and other activities.
- Is Christ the center of our children's schooling?
- Are our family's activities things in which Christ would be comfortable and welcome?
2018.2019 Lists are now available.
Parent's can download their child's supply list
and purchase the...
Our 4th annual
SPRING BANQUET was a success!
Bro. Kylan Mann,
senior pastor at Central Baptist
Enrollment is OPEN!
If you would like more information about enrolling your child,click below
We are winding down our 4th academic year and there is lots going on!