#10:The education of children and youth must have a view of the future that includes the eternal perspective.
- If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God. Set you affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
- And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord
ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
- Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through and steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embrace them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
- For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
(2 Timothy 4:6-8)
- But none of these things move me, neither count I life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
God places a two-fold calling on every child's life. The first and most important call in a child's life is an eternal call. It is God's desire that each child come to know Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. The second call is a temporal call. This involves God's call for a person to live a life of service to Christ while here on earth.
The education of children and youth must not only prepare them for a life of service here but also to stand before God for eternity. This eternal perspective must be part of the entire educational process. It is very natural to focus only on this temporal life when it comes to education. But if this is the only focus of education, then individual success will be measured in temporal financial achievement. Financial success is the dominant goal of secular education today.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do I want my child to have a good education?
- How does my life reflect an eternal perspective as I live it before my children?
- How is the eternal perspective seen in the teaching of my children that takes place in my home, the church, and the school?
- Do I want my children to get a good job and have a comfortable lifestyle more than I want God to use them in any way He sees fit?
It's Butter Braid Time!
Students are collecting orders until Sept. 4th.
All orders & Money should
View these links on our PTA page.
Enrollment is OPEN!
If you would like more information about enrolling your child,click below
2018.2019 Lists are now available.
Parent's can download their child's supply list
and purchase the...