We are please to announce that this position has been filled. Mrs. Amy Todd is the Headmaster of CCA.
Headmaster Job Description
Nature of Work
The Headmaster is a highly professional, supervisory and administrative position with responsibility for planning, organizing and directing all operations and activities s of the Central Christian Academy (CCA). This is a ministry position serving students, parents, teachers, staff and the general community. It is a Christ-centered position requiring integrity, resilience, competence and wisdom to facilitate a learning environment that promotes excellence, achievement, honor and respect through a Biblical worldview. The Headmaster will also initially serve as a teacher within the academy. The Headmaster serves under the governance of the Board of Directors and within the guidelines of the approved policies and procedures.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Assist in hiring qualified and properly credentialed teachers and other necessary support staff
- Routinely monitor and formally evaluate the performance of each staff person on an annual basis and as needed for correctional and edification purposes
- Equip and encourage staff through routine written and oral communications, meetings, staff development and other available resources
- Model and enforce the policies and procedures of CCA
- Assist in the development of an operational budget
- Responsibly operate CCA according to the approved budget and provide adequate accounting of all expenditures
- Provide routine performance indicator reports to the Board of Directors (i.e. financial reports, enrollment information, student achievement summaries, etc.)
- Review and revise educational curriculum in accordance with CCA policy to meet regulatory guidelines for standardized testing and to ensure adherence to Biblical world view principles
- Coordinate the use and care of shared facilities with Central Baptist Church (CBC)
- Support parents and students by providing instruction and correction that embodies Scriptural teachings
- Serve as a teacher and provide classroom instruction and activities according to a structured teaching plan
- Remain actively involved in appropriate professional organizations
- Attend approved professional development events/conferences to remain updated on the latest curriculum and teaching resources and techniques
- Provide public speaking services to promote CCA, its mission and future efforts
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements for private church-based Christian schools (i.e. facility management, administration and personnel)
- Maintain open and effective communications with students and their parents or guardians
- Maintain adequate and accurate student records
- Stay abreast of Tennessee laws as they pertain to education in both private and public schools
- Report all alleged child abuse cases
- Maintain documentation of all school-related accidents and follow up as required by policy
- Continually develop and promote an academically sound program
- Promote and pray for a Christ-like atmosphere within the school
- Develop and implement an emergency response plan
- Develop and implement a school improvement/growth plan
- Be a born-again believer, guided by Biblical principles and adherent to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Have teacher certification.
- Possession of a Master's level degree is preferred
- Have a minimum of five (5) years teaching experience
- Have two (2) years of relevant administrative experience preferred
- Evidence of active participation in a local evangelical church, preferably Central Baptist Church
2018.2019 Lists are now available.
Parent's can download their child's supply list
and purchase the...
Our 4th annual
SPRING BANQUET was a success!
Bro. Kylan Mann,
senior pastor at Central Baptist
Enrollment is OPEN!
If you would like more information about enrolling your child,click below
We are winding down our 4th academic year and there is lots going on!