We are please to announce that this position has been filled. Mrs. Amy Todd is the Headmaster of CCA.
Headmaster Job Description
Nature of Work
The Headmaster is a highly professional, supervisory and administrative position with responsibility for planning, organizing and directing all operations and activities s of the Central Christian Academy (CCA). This is a ministry position serving students, parents, teachers, staff and the general community. It is a Christ-centered position requiring integrity, resilience, competence and wisdom to facilitate a learning environment that promotes excellence, achievement, honor and respect through a Biblical worldview. The Headmaster will also initially serve as a teacher within the academy. The Headmaster serves under the governance of the Board of Directors and within the guidelines of the approved policies and procedures.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Assist in hiring qualified and properly credentialed teachers and other necessary support staff
- Routinely monitor and formally evaluate the performance of each staff person on an annual basis and as needed for correctional and edification purposes
- Equip and encourage staff through routine written and oral communications, meetings, staff development and other available resources
- Model and enforce the policies and procedures of CCA
- Assist in the development of an operational budget
- Responsibly operate CCA according to the approved budget and provide adequate accounting of all expenditures
- Provide routine performance indicator reports to the Board of Directors (i.e. financial reports, enrollment information, student achievement summaries, etc.)
- Review and revise educational curriculum in accordance with CCA policy to meet regulatory guidelines for standardized testing and to ensure adherence to Biblical world view principles
- Coordinate the use and care of shared facilities with Central Baptist Church (CBC)
- Support parents and students by providing instruction and correction that embodies Scriptural teachings
- Serve as a teacher and provide classroom instruction and activities according to a structured teaching plan
- Remain actively involved in appropriate professional organizations
- Attend approved professional development events/conferences to remain updated on the latest curriculum and teaching resources and techniques
- Provide public speaking services to promote CCA, its mission and future efforts
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements for private church-based Christian schools (i.e. facility management, administration and personnel)
- Maintain open and effective communications with students and their parents or guardians
- Maintain adequate and accurate student records
- Stay abreast of Tennessee laws as they pertain to education in both private and public schools
- Report all alleged child abuse cases
- Maintain documentation of all school-related accidents and follow up as required by policy
- Continually develop and promote an academically sound program
- Promote and pray for a Christ-like atmosphere within the school
- Develop and implement an emergency response plan
- Develop and implement a school improvement/growth plan
- Be a born-again believer, guided by Biblical principles and adherent to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Have teacher certification.
- Possession of a Master's level degree is preferred
- Have a minimum of five (5) years teaching experience
- Have two (2) years of relevant administrative experience preferred
- Evidence of active participation in a local evangelical church, preferably Central Baptist Church
Enrollment is OPEN!
Re-enrollment Period begins February 1st
New Student Enrollment begins March
All Presidents Day-No School
Monday, February 19th
for Prospective Students-Come visit...
CCA follows the Weakley County School System for all weather related school closures.
for the 2018/2019 school year
will begin in the spring.